This message is for those with children who have entered the school duathlon. Please share this post with your duathlete.
- Our duathlon is this coming Tuesday afternoon, starting at 1:30.
- Duathletes can wear their house top and will need a warm jacket for before and after their event. For those who need them, please to remember their inhalers.
- Children are to bring their bikes to the bike-stands which will be by the Norwood entrance to the park on Tuesday morning before school. Year 7 & 8 will need to be extra early, as they will need to do this before getting to the hub at 8:30 for tech.
- Children need to lock their bikes and take their helmets with them to their hub.
- Duathletes eat lunch at 12:40 and then unlock their bikes.
- The daily notices will tell them when to meet at the cricket pavilion.
- Parents are welcome to support their children. Please stay on the park near the finishing area, to avoid getting in the road of the competitors.
Run 1 (1km)
- Start on park, out from the adventure playground
- Follow the marked course on the grass towards school and on around the park
- Run along the fenceline of the park and down the hill towards Eastern Tce.
- Once on Eastern Tce run towards Fisher Ave, along Fisher Ave to Norwood St and down Norwood to the park entrance.
- Run into the park to the bike racks which will be on the right near the park entrance.
- On bike follow the garden loop track to the main path
- Stick to the right-hand side of the path
- Ride along the gravel path in front of school and around to the path that leads down to the ponds, before the adventure playground.
- Turn left onto the path that goes above the ponds
- Ride to the hairpin bend that takes you back up to the park.
- Follow the gravel path towards the adventure playground and on around in front of school.
- At this point there will be bikes going both ways - stick to the right.
- Keep following the gravel path up to where it branches off toward Norwood Rd
- Loop back onto the garden path for a second full lap. (repeat what you have just done)
- At the end of your second lap, hand your bike to the marshalls who will lay it on the grass
Run 2 (1km)
- Run out to Norwood St and turn right heading to Fisher Ave
- Run down Fisher to Eastern Tce
- Run down Eastern Tce to the park entrance.
- Run up the hill and follow the cones to the finishing chute which will be in front of school.