Children who permanently reside at a street address within the enrolment zone defined below are entitled to enrol at Beckenham Te Kura o Pūroto. If your children live in the school’s enrolment zone and you would like them to be enrolled, please download the enrolment form, complete it and return it to the school office.
Until the end of 2020, the Home Zone is described below. From 1 January 2021, the Board of Trustees has adopted a new Home Zone (scroll down to find this)
The outer boundaries of the Beckenham Te Kura o Pūroto enrolment zone are as follows:
- Huntsbury Avenue from Summit Road to Parklands Drive including Millhill Place;
- Parklands Drive from Huntsbury Avenue to Centaurus Road including Conifer Place;
- Centaurus Road from Parklands Drive and number 183 on opposite side of road to St Martins Road;
- St Martins Road from Centaurus Road to Burnbrae Street;
- Burnbrae Street; Riverlaw Terrace from Burnbrae Street to Wilsons Road;
- Eastern Terrace from Waltham Road to Tennyson Street;
- Tennyson Street from Eastern Terrace to Southampton Street;
- Southampton Street from Tennyson Street to Croydon Street including Ikamatua Lane;
- Croydon Street;
- Huxley Street from Croydon Street to Montrose Street and number 107 on opposite side of road;
- Montrose Street;
- Southampton Street from Montrose Street to Colombo Street;
- Colombo Street from Southampton Street to Waimea Terrace bridge;
- Waimea Terrace; Bowenvale Avenue and all streets directly off its Western side.
- Additional streets included in the zone are St Martins Road from Burnbrae Street to Wilsons Road and Clouston Street.
Those living at a postal address on both sides of the boundaries (apart from Colombo Street) are entitled to enrol.
From 1 January 2021, the following Home Zone will apply:
Starting from the intersection of Sandwich Road and Waimea Terrace,
- South along Waimea Terrace to Eastern Terrace
- East along Estern Terrace to the Bowenvale Avenue bridge
- South over the bridge to Centaurus Road
- North East along Centaurus Road to Major Aitken Drive
- Includes all addresses on Major Aitken Drive to Huntsbury Avenue, all addresses on Kenmure Drive and Swanton Drive, and all addresses on the cul-de-sac roads accessed from Major Aitken Drive, Kenmure Drive and Swanton Drive.
- North East along Centaurus Road to St Martins Road
- Includes all addresses accessed from Whaka Terrace, Woodlau Rise, Sepia Lane, and Austin Kirk Lane
- North along St Martins Road to Burnbrae Street
- West along Burnbrae Street to Riverlaw Terrace
- North along Riverlaw Terrace to Wilsons Road
- North West across the Wilsons Road bridge to Eastern Terrace
- South West along Eastern Terrace to Tennyson St
- West along Tennyson Street to Southampton Street
- North along Southampton Street to Croyden Street
- Including Ikamatua Lane
- North East along Croydon Street to Huxley Street
- North West along Huxley Street to Montrose Street
- South West along Montrose Street to Southampton Street
- North West along Southampton Street to Colombo Street
- South along the East side only of Colombo Street to Waimea Terrace
- East, then South along Waimea Terrace to Sandwich Road
Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are considered in-zone unless specified otherwise.
For families of currently enrolled students whose addresses become “out of zone” due to this amendment to the enrolment scheme home zone: they shall be deemed to be “in-zone”, but only for as long as they contain children who, at the time of enrolment, are the siblings of current students.
The School office holds a list of such families if you are not sure of your situation.
NB This is a very tightly defined concession. It would not apply to:
- Children of parents who move in to any of these addresses subsequent to the adoption of the enrolment scheme boundary amendment; and
- Children of parents currently living at one of the addresses who move out of the address subsequent to the adoption of the enrolment scheme boundary amendment.
Section 11E of the Education Act 1989 states that “a state school’s home zone must be defined by geographic boundaries, and must be described in such a way that any given address is either within or outside the home zone.” The list above is defining a location as “in-zone” unless dictated otherwise by the exceptions outlined in A and B above.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Enrolment of children who live outside the above geographic zone is governed by the requirements of Section 11F of the Education Act 1989, and instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11F of the Education Act 1989.
The number of places will be determined by the Board of Trustees on the basis of current and projected class numbers and school roll. If you would like to apply for a place through our ballot system, please download the ballot application form (which includes on the second page the application cut-off dates), complete it and return it to the school office.