Learning programmes at Beckenham Te Kura o Pūroto are delivered in flexible, collaborative groupings. These groupings are primarily within a team (two year levels). Collaborative grouping provides opportunities for:
- Utilising teacher strengths to maximise student progress and achievement.
- Multiple student-to-teacher relationships.
- Providing benefit to all learners by strategically grouping teachers who have a range of experience levels, interests, strengths and areas for development.
- Higher levels of congruence and alignment in the delivery of teaching and learning programmes within a team and across the school.
- Students to work with a cohort that has a 2-2½ year age range rather than just their immediate year level peers.
- Professional support in managing challenging behaviour of students.
- Professional support in designing learning programmes to meet the needs of priority learners.
- Professional challenge and support in growing practice through strategically grouping teachers who have a range of experience levels, interests, strengths and areas for development.
- Minimising disruption to student learning programmes if a teacher is absent.