Kia ora, e te whānau,
Wow! What an incredible first few weeks of the term we have had! There has been a lot happening in our hub, across all areas of school life. We have had different themes for our Learning Through Play, such as transport and vehicles, and cafes and restaurants. The children's imaginations have been running wild with these ideas and this is evident in the games they have been playing with each other, and the creations they have made.
Our tamariki are becoming very knowledgeable about the different school-wide "Words of the Week" we have had. We have talked a lot about the first three words we have had this term:
- Upstander: Standing up for others in situations that aren't right, and supporting others who may need your help
- Honesty: Being truthful in what we say and do
- Inclusion: Making others feel a part of something and including others in your activities/games.
- How is the Readathon going at your house? We can't wait to see all the books you have been reading together with your whānau at home. Keep up the great work and remember to bring the forms back into school on Friday, 11th August (Week 4).
- Next Friday, Friday 11th August, is Book Character Dress-up Day. Your child can come dressed as their favourite story book character. This is a day to celebrate the end of the readathon and all the amazing books there are out there. We cannot wait to see the creativity!
- A reminder to return Literacy folders to school each day, as we use these during our Literacy sessions. Also a reminder for your child to take really great care of the books that are sent home in these folders, as these books are very expensive to replace and are used within the whole hub. We appreciate and thank you for helping your child to be responsible and to take great care of our school equipment.
- Friendship List: Please remember that if you would like to be on the Friendship List, this will be sent out on Thursday, 10th August to all those who have asked for their details to be included. It is a great way to get in contact with other families and to organise play dates with your child's friends. Please send your details to Georgia's email by Wednesday, 9th August. (email@example.com).