We hope that the following will answer any questions you may have. Please click on the arrow next to each question to see the answer.
- We will advise the Ministry of Education.
- The school community will be advised that we have a case (no names given) and groups may be identified as potential contacts
- All staff, volunteers and contractors on site are vaccinated
- We have good ventilation in place every day
- Masks are being worn as much as possible in Years 5-8, and by many in Years 1-4 and New Entrants
- We are not mixing teams in any way indoors.
- When outside, children are encouraged to play with children in their own teams
- We have good handwashing and sanitising practices in place
- We have strong cleaning processes in place
- All visitors who come onto the school site each day are asked to scan and sign in, to support contact tracing.
- We are not taking our children out of the school on any trips or activities that will have them mixing with other people outside the school community.
Our staff are working hard to make school a safe and fun place of learning. We encourage you to focus on the ways that your child can help: mask-wearing, washing hands, sanitising, and staying at home if unwell.
This website has some useful tips for supporting children: https://www.kidshealth.org.nz/coping-worry-anxiety-about-covid-19